Friday, December 11, 2009

"A Good Dog"

photo courtesy of Jon Katz, Bedlam Farm.com

"These dogs, and animals are my reason for being, my reason for doing what I do." Not a direct quote, but everything this man does or writes of is based on that exact thought. Jon Katz is the new author on my book shelf at home. Toby and I have read all of his books and I admit even followed him on Facebook for a little bit! (He also has an online photo journal, which has some beautiful photography.) My love for his writings started when I read
"A Good Dog". This was a story of Orson a Border Collie and the unique ways he changed Jon's life. That had me hooked, from there Toby and I were nonstop reading machines!
"The Dogs of Bedlam Farm" was his next good read as far as I was concerned. I think you get which direction I am heading here as far as the type of books he writes! Jon now lives on
Bedlam Farm and has an online journal of his daily life on the farm with his dogs and his animals. He really is a fascinating individual. It is nice to take a step back from a busy day and really appreciate the love and innocence and animal can bring to your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment