Monday, September 21, 2009

All Creatures Great and Small

While Toby was enjoying his usual morning snack, a peanut butter treat, I was reading theDaily Herald. I was skimming pretty fast this time, nothing but the usual stories, than all of a sudden I read the caption "Buffalo Grove Cop frees skunk trapped in jar". Oh my goodness, how's that for a true love of the job. I bet when this officer took the oath to save everyone he did not think a skunk would be involved! On behlaf of Toby, and Best Friends thank you to the concerned citizen who made the call, and to the officer who put his "sense of smell" on the line to save this poor hungry critter.

1 comment:

  1. I love that story!! I saw a skunk walking around with a Mcflurry cup stuck on his head one time, and it broke my heart!! Thanks for sharing!

    http://bestfriendsnorwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete