Thursday, September 24, 2009

A true love

During my down time I love to sit with Toby and read. He prefers to sit in my lap and chew on his Peanut Butter raw hides, while I do the reading! I love Dean Koontz novels, he can be a little warped and scary sometimes but his books always help me to escape. They really catch my attention. Now he has really gotten my attention and probably yours too! A Big Little Life is his newest book. Definitely not a typical Koontz book, EVEN BETTER! This is a memoir of his beloved dog Trixie. Trixie was a golden retriever he adopted through
Canine Companions for Independence. A few years ago he wrote a book and the key character of the book was wheelchair bound and had a golden retriever to help her get around. Dean Koontz had worked with CCI to get a better background of their work. Trixie is so loved she also has her own website! On this site you can view her other books, yes she has children's books, and view her scrapbook. I tell you I never would have guessed this all would come from a man like Dean Koontz! Just goes to tell you that animals truly do touch us all with their loving spirit.

"A dog can be a living work of art, a constant reminder of the exquisite design, and breathtaking detail of nature,beauty on four paws"-Dean Koontz

No comments:

Post a Comment